From 1st Presbyterian Church of Second Life
If you already have an account with Second Life
If you already have the Second Life software installed on your computer (even if you never got past help Island), just click here then click the "teleport now" button, and log in when prompted. You'll be taken directly to the church grounds, where you can wander around, find more information about us, join a group to receive updates and announcements, or even leave us a message.
If you are brand new to Second Life
You'll need to create an account first (basic accounts are free), and then download the Second Life software (also free) to your computer. To do that, just click here and then click on the orange "SIGN UP" button at the top right corner of the screen. The Second Life website will then guide you through the rest of the process, and deposit you at our church at the end. WARNING: The account setup and software download can take awhile, so if you're planning on coming to one of our gatherings, you might want to start the process at least 30 to 45 minutes in advance.
If you get stuck somewhere along the way, but have already downloaded the software and created an account, you can always come back to this page and click either of the two links above (and then the "teleport now" button) to take you to the church.
What to do when you've arrived
First, stand still for a minute. It often takes objects around you a few seconds to "rezz" (appear) and while waiting, sometimes things look like gray blocks. This is normal. When everything looks more or less like the picture on this page, then feel free to wander around and explore some.
Things you'll probably see:
- The building with the large, decorative doors is our worship center, where we usually gather for prayer and conversation. If you walk right up to the doors, they will open automatically and you can enter. If you want to sit in a chair, just click on one.
- The building with the smaller doors is a parlor with a fireplace. This is a good place for one to one communication, or even for individual devotion and prayer. If you click on the bookshelf, you can read more information about our community.
- There is a bell tower. If you hold down the "page up" button on your keyboard for a few seconds, you can use your arrow keys to fly up to the top and ring the bell by clicking on it.
- If you walk down the hill past the Cross Tapestry, you will find some signs with more information and some service opportunities. If you continue in that direction, you'll run into our conference center for connectional learning.
- If you follow the stone path between the bell tower and the worship center, it will take you either to a prayer garden (still under construction) or to our sister ministry, "Within the Vine."
- Behind and between the two buildings, there is a fire pit with some benches. Good for conversation, and watching the virtual sunset/sunrise.